Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Teeth

I used a sharpie and marked where I thought the teeth would fit, then cut the fiberglass underskull accordingly. The clay I am using is Super Sculpey.

After I had a basic set of teeth that I was ok with (and I mean ok.. because I will likely replace these teeth with a more anatomically correct version later) I hardened the sculpey with a hot air gun and prepared it for molding. 

The mold below is Smooth-On OoMoo.

Resin curing in the mold, with the sculpey master on top.

My airbrush was having major issues. I think the paint was just too old to use, so I used a brush instead. I drilled holes and mounted the teeth with small hex bolts with self locking nuts.

Next: Lip Mechanism!

1 comment:

  1. Woo,brother.No surprising that everyone would stay your blog for a long time and read your article silently. Now I am thrilled after looking at your blog and contemplating a little something delighted That i've ever experience.When I am free at home, I like to do or write some article, but they cannot be compared to you because of my poor english. So enjoy everyday of your life. silk fabric store