Friday, November 5, 2010

Repairs already...

Broken Bowcaster

My daughter stood on top of the Bowcaster while we were packing things in the van after Trunk or Treat. It revealed a flaw. The screws were too short. I fixed it and it just needs some touch-up paint.

I took a close up of my mask and realized that the eye holes were too far apart. I am going to trim the inner eye of the silicone mask, and it should make the eyes better. I can't believe I didn't notice that till now.


All my X-ACTO blades are DULL. I have to get more. I'll post a pic after I get more blades tonight.

Other repairs made:

-Shortened hair on the back of the mask, and added a little more.
-Split the wig down the back to conform to my head better. I hope it doesn't get noticed. I may have to revisit that fix later.
-Foam padding added on top of the head to give more realistic profile.
-Jaw mechanism trimmed because it was hitting me in the throat when I looked down.
-Punched single strands of hair around the eyes and mouth.
-Used a new hair spray Got2B. It is now a hair helmet. I am worried it has a wet plastic look now, but my wife says its fine. We'll see. :) The good news is that the hair DOES NOT move (hair doesn't fall in my eyes when I look down). That stuff is strong.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ryan, my name is Jim Siokos and I live in Davenport, IA. I have been dressing up as Han Solo professionally for the past 10 years. I'm on rebellegion.com in the fringe members section under the name IowaJames. I have to tell you that your Chewie is amazing. Have you ever considered doing fan films? Your costume could rock people's worlds. Contact me at jimmysiokos@gmail.com and let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete