Friday, August 27, 2010

Feet Progress

I don't have much to say. I've been blending some hair on my hackle, and preparing the boots. I'll let the photos tell the story.

This is my homemade hot wire cutter. I took a four D battery powered lamp and made my own PVC pipe handle and guitar string cutting wire. I cut the rigid foam to shape pretty easily. The fumes are toxic so you should have good ventilation.




Gorilla glue and duct tape!

To straighten the hair (it came kinked) I hung them in the shower and poured boiling water over them. It worked okay, but was time consuming and gross, so I ended up just blow drying instead. 




After blending strawberry blond and dark brown together, I started latch hooking to the boot.



It's ok so far. Looks off, but maybe it will be better when all the hair is on.

I'm on the fence about the toenails as well. Hmm...





1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good. If you aren't liking the nails maybe a darker nail color? The hair looks great! Good job.

    ReplyDelete